Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Introduction, and Why

Hi, I'm Rachel. I am a single mother to a loving and caring two year old boy. He is my everything. He has so much energy and I am constantly running after him, playing ball with him and making delicious snacks with him.

Now, as a single mother, you would think that running after this little man 24/7, that I would be fit, and healthy. But no, I am not. I actually feel like the Goodyear Blimp. Before I had Little Man, I was in the best shape of my life. I was working out with a personal trainer, eating right, and had discipline. In high school, I was the tall skin and bones girl, with no muscle definition, yet you could see every bone in me, and I thought I was fat back then! Looking back at pictures, I gain a sense of remorse and regret. I look at what I am doing to my body, and it makes me sick. I am abusing myself each day by pouring greasy cheeseburgers, wings, sugary beverages and many other unhealthy items into my body. I am the only one to blame for this mess that I have gotten myself into.

I work at a Spa, along with the Spa, we also have a Plastic Surgeon on board. Sitting at my desk each day seeing beautiful thin women right before my eyes, has really made me think. I want to be them, I want more for myself than sitting on the couch day by day finishing off Little Man's Halloween candy. I want to gain my confidence back, I want to feel beautiful, and I want to eventually show myself that I am worth a lot more than I look.

So, I have started a journey with an amazing group of women, a Beachbody Coach, P90x and Shakeology. My good friend introduced me to this journey, and she is such an inspiration. I want to inspire people. I want to be more energetic, I want to be able to wake up in the morning and accomplish a great workout before Little Man wakes up. I want to make good choices for myself.

This is A Single Momma's Dream of Becoming Fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment