Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 1, 89 More to Go!

Waking up at 5:45 this morning was not hard at all. I thought it would be, but I have a great support system, and that makes it so much easier! My accountability partner texted me, "Ready to get started?" "Just woke up" I replied. I also received an awesome text from my friend and co-worker, "So proud of you, Now Bring it!!". It is this support system that is really going to help me with this challenge. Not only do I have the support of these girls in this challenge group, but also the support of my good friends, and family. I might even get my Mum to wake up early with me and work out!

Now, let me tell you about the work out I did! I am doing P90x, and you follow a daily work out plan. Today was the Chest-Back and Ab Ripper X!

 I didn't fully complete the Chest-Back, well I didn't complete it to my best ability. I was missing a few key items, a pull up bar, and weights! How could I forget weights!? I tried looking for some at home, but they have obviously been misplaced, that shows how much I use them! So I used tins of tomatoes! It didn't work out too great! I did not have a pull up bar, but I did have a band so I used that as a substitute. We also had to do about a million push ups! I can NOT do push ups! But I am promising myself that by the end of 90 days, I will be a pro!

Once I had finished that hour, we moved on to the Ab Ripper X. Now, I have done this many times before with some friends, but it was at about 4am, and well, we had just come from the bar. It was much easier then!! We did something crazy like 339 different Ab workouts. Now, my number was probably less than that, but I still did it.

I feel great!! Usually I wake up around 7:15am and I am tired! I am slow and heavy in the mornings. But, after my workout, I felt so energetic! I still do. My posture has changed, I am sat at my desk with a straight back and I feel wonderful. Who knew that working out early in the morning could make you feel this way!

I also had alone time, which is hard to come by these days. The house was quiet, well except for my parents snoring, and I had time to focus on myself, on my body and my health. It was nice. Little Man was still fast asleep and I was able to get this workout in without interruptions.

Overall, this was a great morning! I still have a lot to do today, such as eating clean. I control what I put in my mouth, no one else does.

I am so proud of myself!


1 comment:

  1. Your Amazing girl! Glad your my accountability partner. You make me want to push harder!

    ReplyDelete